Tuesday 9 December 2003

Arrival Into Korea

Well then, I'm in Korea. I arrived in Daegu, a city of 2.5 million people (not 250 million people as a guy in the bus reliably informed me) about 3 hours ago. That was after a 5 hour bus journey from the main airport, Incheon, near Seoul. Which was after a 3 hour wait in the airport, following a 10 hour flight, following a 4 hour wait in Amsterdam airport which followed a mere hour or so flight from Aberdeen, where I'd been up since 8am. Before that you really don't need to know.

So I'm quite tired then, as sleep was restricted to patches of dozing and dreaming on the final bus journey. Tired, but in good spirits as my first impression of Korea - or Daegu more specifically - is good. Neon yes, but good. Friendly people, and I've already met a couple of fellow English teachers who assure me the ex-pat life is a thriving one here.

A fuller entry will follow in the next few days, for those of you who don't know why or what I'm doing here. But I'm a little fatigued and I think tomorrow may be a big day, so I'm going to get some rest now.

No comments: