Wednesday 7 April 2004

Pissed Off About My Mouth

I'm still pretty pissed off about my damn teeth.

The pain, mercifully, had subsided last night but I woke this morning to find the left side of my face so swollen I couldn't see out of my left eye properly. I looked like I was disfigured.

I had a dentist's appointment at 10am anyway, where they messed about with my mouth, spurted some blood, and made the left side of my face swell up to lunatic proportions. Half of me looked like me, the other half looked like a fat cartoon version of me.

They don't take the tooth out till Saturday, and this ruins all my Saturday plans. These were to go to my new Korean learning class at 11am, and then go to the orphanage later that day. However, as I'll be bleeding and in great pain, all these plans are scrapped in favour of home suffering.

I also can't drink for a while. I can't even drink anything cold for a few days.

I have 8 months of treatment ahead.

I suppose there are a few silver linings. Obviously I'd have preferred none of this was the case, but given that it is and it was going to happen at some time, it's better it happened now than last year, for example. Last year, in Scotland, it would have been more expensive and I had no money. At least in Korea it's cheaper, and I've got the money - just. Also, if it had happened next year or maybe the year after when I have pencilled in plans to travel, it would have been disastrous.

Still, the prospect of an entire month's wages being blown on numerous dentist's trips and lots of pain doesn't fill me with excitement.

They gave me some drugs, but I don't think they'll be of the quality to make it all worthwhile.

I was going to describe my weekend but can't be bothered now. Basically, went to a learning Korean class on Saturday, then had a brilliant night out that night with Matt, Denise, Greta and Rebecca. All sorts of stupid things happened, like me making this fat bearded man with a silver helmet dancd with me, and stuff like that. Sunday, I spent the first stages with Denise and then with her and Greta went to a barbecue which was good, but eventually the toothache retired me.

Anyway, I'll be cheered up later. I'm just pissed off now.

No comments: