Thursday 1 April 2004

Teaching Hungover... Again

Teaching with a hangover is not any fun.

I ended up getting carried away last night, and drinking till 5am, finally finishing in a galbi restaurant. At 10am, when I somehow woke, I was an almighty mess.

Somehow, though, I survived the first few classes really well, my teaching wasn't affected. I think I'm adjusting to Korean lager now, although I pity the kids in my first couple of lessons because I was hellishly flatulent. Mind you, I don't think 6 year olds care.

Last night was an Irish girl's - Jane - leaving night, which basically meant meeting up in Communes and drinking. Not meant to be a heavy session, but all it takes it for one other person to still be drinking and I'll keep going. I like to be last man standing. In this case, it wasn't pansy Matt who wasn't drinking (again) because of a morning class the next day, but a Canadian girl Denise. She doesn't work till 3pm though, so it was fine for her. Alas, after a few drinks all my sense dissipates and I work myself further into a frenzy of alcoholism.

On a different note, I've noticed I'm becoming more violent with the kids recently. If they're not paying attention I like to hit them on the head with a book. Not a big book, or a hard hit, but it's escalating at a worrying rate. It's possible I'll be spearing them within a couple of months.

All I can think of right now is Carrefour pizza and how good it will taste.

Hang on! Today is Thursday which means David buys pizza for the staff! Yes, this is a good day after all. I'm going to be munching pizza like a god damn dervish.

No comments: