Monday 11 October 2004

Weekend Report

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. Mine was enjoyable, but possibly more inclined towards amiable than adrenalin-packed excitement.

Friday night was my evening drinking with the Gin Girls. You can trust me that I had some marvellously dark designs on the night, but the reality was actually a far more civilised event. We just had a couple of cocktails at a bar downtown. My dreams of plying the girls with gin still remains an unrealised ambition because when the girls were choosing their cocktail I had no idea which would contain gin. If anybody knows, please let me know.

Anyway, over time I'm realising that the girls are a little conservative. I mean that in a complimentary way too. They're fun and good company but I think lead a quieter life than I. Daegu is the most conservative city in Korea and I see this reflected. Hence, they were not desperate to throw themselves into a world of beer, vomitting and falling downstairs so I suppose I'll have to retain some of my old friends for that. They are, however, delightfully and charmingly polite. Maybe they are even a good influence on me. Good Lord.

Saturday was my Korean class, followed by lunch at my new favourite restaurant, a small Japanese place. I'm enjoying my Korean class, if only because I'm way ahead of most others. I feel very smug and self-satisfied. My bubble of invincibility from last week has burst though, as I've come back down to earth and realised that although progressing in Korean well, I still have a long, long way to go. I'm not going to be entering any Korean debating contests anytime soon.

The rest of the day was uneventful. I rested at my place then in the evening saw a film with Matt called "The Girl Next Door" which was diverting. A drink and then home.

Yesterday's main event was a new student of mine, that is a new Korean/English lesson. It was with Jessy, the school glamour girl who left last week. She needs to practice her English and as she's very attractive I was happy to help. She's able to explain why my mistakes in Korean are wrong too, which the Gin Girls were unable to do. However, as her English is reasonable it's a little easy to revert to it when I'm tryng to say something difficult.

Anyway, it was the first lesson and it went really well. It lasted 3 and a half hours, which is crazy time, and just flew by. Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose, and although probably of minimal use to my Korean, I was quite engrossed with staring at her breasts to be honest.

She's invited me to a wedding too. It's in December, some friends of her. Korean weddings are supposed to be very tacky affairs, conducted like a gaudy business reception, and seems to take about 20 minutes, so it sounds interesting.

Sunday evening, I met with Maebh, who took me out for a meal of "Shabu-shabu" which involves dipping thin slices of meat into hot water and cooking them, then eating with little balls of rice, and is very tasty indeed. I taught Maebh some Korean grammar then, as she is keen to learn but hasn't worked much on the grammatical side, which is my strength.

And now today, which is always my hardest day at work, but went ok. Especially because I killed the final class, not literally, but killed the spirits of the annoying children. It was very satisfying.

I'm hungry now. I hope you all have a truly wonderful day, full of joys that can only be expressed in shining displays of love. I'm going to go home and masturbate myself dry now. Christ, I can't say that, my mother reads this. I'm going to watch TV and rest.

No comments: