Tuesday 1 June 2004

Influence

I sometimes have to remind myself that the children I teach are actually real people. I find myself in this mindset that they're just animals, to be herded and controlled.

It also disturbs me that at this young age, I may actually be influencing some of these children.

But it disturbs me more that they may be influencing me. Here are some things that I now do since I began teaching, that I didn't do before.

1. Learn a foreign language

2. Watch WWE Wrestling passionately

3. Say "so-so" and "same-same"

4. Defecate in my pants.

5. Stopped getting drunk (two weeks now!)

6. Think only of myself

7. Cry at thunder

8. Cry when I don't get my way

9. Cry when there's the vaguest notion that someone may have said something less than delightful about me

10. Cry for attention

11. Get excited about aeroplanes.

No comments: