I sometimes have to remind myself that the children I teach are actually real people. I find myself in this mindset that they're just animals, to be herded and controlled.
It also disturbs me that at this young age, I may actually be influencing some of these children.
But it disturbs me more that they may be influencing me. Here are some things that I now do since I began teaching, that I didn't do before.
1. Learn a foreign language
2. Watch WWE Wrestling passionately
3. Say "so-so" and "same-same"
4. Defecate in my pants.
5. Stopped getting drunk (two weeks now!)
6. Think only of myself
7. Cry at thunder
8. Cry when I don't get my way
9. Cry when there's the vaguest notion that someone may have said something less than delightful about me
10. Cry for attention
11. Get excited about aeroplanes.